Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Low-Down on the New Excel©

Actually, contrary to what the title suggests, I know very little about why the developers of Microsoft® changed Excel© with this newer version. I do know, however, that switching from one to the other is quite confusing, seeing that basically everything is in a different spot. This is not a bad thing, but it does make it somewhat difficult to work quickly and efficiently.

I spent the summer after high school trying to figure out how to use several of the Excel© formulas. I found that, while Excel© has a help index, it was fairly confusing to computer illiterate teen. Luckily, many kind professors and others have taken the time to post directions on how to use Excel© formulas in various places across the Internet. The difficulty I found in searching through these, though, was that often times one person would do one formula, another would detail a different one, and very few sights had a complete, comprehensive listing of how to use formulas. There are a few out there, but they didn't have as much detail as I needed. This blog may obviously face the same problems, but I hope it will be helpful. I will not be explaining why everything works, but how to use it. If you would like to know why it works, one of the professional tech-savvy sights that pops up when you search the Internet for it will tell you all you could ever want to know. I mean for this blog to help those like I was as a high school senior, new to Excel© and completely at a loss for where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment